The Grid12 project has ended, but something new is cooking. I'm starting a new company with Alex Carobus and Amit Patel, my old partners from the Realm of the Mad God days. We've been testing and trying a bunch of ideas since last September, and we've got an idea for a new project we're super excited about!
TOP SECRET -- EYES ONLY
USCYBERCOM Grid12 Tank Pilot OrientationGrid12 is a metaplane of astounding power, a realm of pure physics discovered by government scientists in the 1960s. Grid12’s energy was found to be tremendous, but none of the world’s finest scientific minds could come up with a way to control it. After decades of top-secret research, the government admitted defeat, wiping all records of Grid12’s discovery and putting it into deep lockdown, keeping it in escrow for future generations. Security was tight, and secrecy even tighter; were Grid12 to fall into the wrong hands, the resulting metablast could destroy the universe.
Years later, a megalomaniacal cybercriminal calling himself Doctor Ultrageddon has penetrated Grid12 and almost completely taken it over. Were he to secure the entire grid he could use it as a doomsday device to hold the world for ransom. In response to this threat, the US Cyber Command has commissioned an elite cadre of cybertank warriors to jack into the grid and do battle with Doctor Ultrageddon and his minions.
The world has never known a dictator, a tyrant, an armed strongman as dangerous as Doctor Ultrageddon. His genius is unprecedented in world history. He’s more resourceful, ruthless and cruel than any enemy the world has ever faced, and the consequences of mission failure are too dire to contemplate. The only hope we have, the only force that can possibly stop him, is you.
America and the entire world are counting on you -- make us proud!
Over the last two builds we've added a couple of cool new squadron features: the speedrun and squadron HQs. The speedrun lets up to five members of squadron cooperate to clear a dungeon in the shortest amount of time. The top ten times are listed in the leaderboards. Eventually we'd like to have a new speedrun map each week and give prizes.
Squadron HQs debuted in yesterday's build 105. Each squadron has an HQ, which is initially a 3x3 grid of tiles. But squads can expand their HQ by putting down new tiles.
A squadron can get new tiles when a member uses an HQ Tile item. These items drop from certain fortresses but they can also be crafted from a level 2 Omnium. All the new tiles look the same at the moment, but we plan to add support for new colors and shapes eventually. Next build we plan to allow squadrons to remove and reposition tiles. We'd also like to give out special tiles as a reward for winning the speedrun.
Build 103 changelist:
- Add a bunch of stuff to /testdungeon
- Let Hornet lightning hit up to 5 enemies
- Reconfigure Mustang shields
- Change Mustang double shotgun from 200 to 300 damage
- Change Mustang flank lasers from 10 to 12 damage
- Change Valkyrie lasers from 14 to 13 damage
- Change Fury gun damage from 14 to 15
- Change Paladin DPS from 30 to 36 per gun
- Change Cutlass central gun damage from 60 to 70
- Change Kraken anti-minion gun damage from 30 to 35
- Change Kraken anti-everything gun damage from 60 to 65
- Change Vindicator gun damage from 15 to 20
- Change all small fortress hp to 450 (from 300-400 before)
- Change Wolverine shield refill trigger cooldown to 15 from 20
- Change Thunderbolt overdrive duration to 3 from 5
- Change Mustang turret rotation speeds to 1200 from 900
- Change Hercules turret rotation speed to 1800 from 900
- Buff shield thickness and/or delay on Mustang, Avenger, Hurricane, Hercules, Spectre, Paladin, Vindicator, Wolverine, Cutlass
- Change Thunderbolt shield recharge rate to 300 and 200 from 750 and 500
- Add Fatality-class Oppression Center (medium round fort)
- Fix bug when dragging control knob into center circle
- Fix ugly tank pictures in stats menu
- Show description for items being crafted
- Draw region icons in the shapes of the panes
- Randomize region buffs
- Make potion bonuses line wrap nicely
- Remove tooltips for vehicles and buildings
- Show duration on trigger buttons
- Reduce cooldown bonuses on power cells
- Separate trigger duration and cooldown
- Rework the Vindicator
- Automeld newly crafted items if automeld is on
- Add info on material deposits to region tooltips
- Set all powercell/module bonuses to use multipliers greater than 1
- Fix bug that boosted trigger recharge on tank switch
- Kill off cloak and heal-over-time effects when switching tanks
- Add decorative shards when big enemies die (>5khp)
- Redo coin indicator text formatting